Saturday, October 16, 2010

Personal Traits Test

Last week on our Techopreneurship subject our facilitator gave us our exam. It was all about testing our personalities and determining our characteristics towards technopreneurial skills. The test aims to depict an individual’s character, behavior, ideas and feelings. We answered a 32 question test which made us choose. Each item has 2 selections that we must discern as to what statement our personalities fit and accordingly it was scored based on a point system. I got 41 where it explains that I have somewhat entrepreneurial skills. I just chose the statement where I think I am fitted to. Our facilitator gave us a chance to review our answers and I changed some of my choices but I think it made me achieve zero points on some items. But I’m still contented with result of my test. Gladly, all of us in our section got scores which shows that we somehow have entrepreneurial skills. I know it would help a lot on creating a better career someday.

Each of us persons possesses different personalities. We have unique way on dealing with the situations around us. We have various ways on treating our comrades and family. We respond distinctively on things we experience and encounter. Some traits can help us to be better and some don’t. In the personality test I have encountered questions on such circumstances as:

Being criticized, if ever my opinions or ideas will be disapproved or criticized, I will be willing to accept it. Criticisms can sometimes aid us or break us. But instead of feeling bad or down, it will be a motivation for me to do better. I want to prove to that I can do better. I want to show that I am a fighter in a good way. Of course I also want to be appreciated by the things I do and with the efforts I exerted but in case I wouldn’t be able to meet their expectations I will be patient and humble enough to acknowledge their point. I am open to their ideas and very willing to be corrected in the things I did wrong. I must be an open minded person I order to be successful.

Encountering problems, problems really affect me and my life. Problems bother me and affects my daily activities but that was years ago. At my age I am now shaped into a strong individual by the help of the difficulties I have already encountered. Problems do really come on our way but maybe by this time I know how to handle and manage troubles and quandaries. I have experienced heavy problems that somehow I can say made me better and firmer. Problems such as the break-up of my parents, death of my father, failures at school, stress and pressures, conflicts with my friends and a lot more. I know these things build me and made me prepare for the possible setbacks and hardships that I will be encountering soon. Also, with the help of our Creator all things will be easy if I’ll just submit and surrender to him all of the obstacles that I will bump into.

Financial difficulties, I can say honestly this is a very hard situation since we live our lives by the help of money. When dealing with business, money engages a lot. It is one of the primary needs in getting involved with business. Personally financial problem is not unusual to me. I always experience financial problems and I think most people do. Perhaps in the future when I will encounter problems regarding money, as of now I can say I am not yet set to be able to handle that kind of situation. But the characteristic of being optimistic can help me solve this kind of problem at least. It was also mentioned in the test about having money or getting rich. Of course I really wish to be one someday. I am looking forward to be a great technopreneur and be an owner of my own successful business. I want to have a build my own house enough for my family to live in. I am determined to earn money to the deepest effort I can do. I want to have a bright future someday and help my family on the provision of their needs. I am willing to give time to attain these goals but spending my time to my loved ones is also important for me. Despite of being busy on business matters, I will make sure to still have time to spend with my family. I am a family-oriented person and get my inspiration from my family. I am a kind of person that needs attention from my family to have strength to face on my daily activities.

Time for friends, I love spending my leisure times with my friends. Chatting with them, creating and building a strong bind of friendship. I believe also in the saying that no man is an island which gives details that I alone cannot live without the help of others. With the supplement of the people around me I can do things easier. Someday possibly in my career as a technopreneur I will be needing the aid of others to have a more effective and efficient business. It doesn’t necessary mean that I will merely depend on their faculties but I must exert my efforts and will just need them for some assistance. In this way we can also benefit each other’s resources and expertise. To be a successful entrepreneur you are not just expected to be intelligent and skillful but you must also have a strong foundation on emotional aspects. This is an essential tool to be successful on the things you are doing. Having companions and good relationships with others can help you to surpass your problems in life. Like in my present condition, I am thankful for having a bunch of friends who are willing to offer their helping hands. They are also honest on telling me things that I must change for my own goodness. They also appreciate the good things that I do which inspires me and gives me motivation to do the best. Lastly they are also concern by giving their suggestions and share their ideas.

Accepting mistakes and be willing to do better. If ever I fail, I will accept my failure and look for ways to improve myself. Just like what happened on my Discrete Math subject last semester. I failed because I admit it was my fault. I seldom attend classes on the prelim period due to the time which was so hard for me to wake up. It was late for me to realize my shortcomings. I did better on the midterm and finals but it seemed that it was not enough to catch up. I got 5.0 and it was so depressing knowing that half of the class passed and I wasn’t able to be one. Last summer I enrolled in the subject again and exerted much effort to make sure that I will pass. Luckily because of the determination and by accepting the challenge to do better despite of the fact that I am new to my environment (referring to my classmates last summer) I still manage to pass. I’m so happy that I made it. I did not lose hope but as an alternative I enjoy learning the lessons from my mistakes.

With the test that we had taken, I realized that to be a good technopreneur you don’t just have to think of your business alone or technical matters. You don’t need to focus on producing money and becoming very rich. You must also consider your own life, think of yourself and not just only on your business. You have to be emotionally strong and have a good relationship towards others. You must also posses these kinds of personalities in order to be effective on your endeavors.

Emotional Stability, it is important that an entrepreneur have the stability because along the way they will meet problems. They must be firm in handling the stress and pressure from business. Not only from business matters also for their personal parts of their lives. Their problems that are unrelated to their business must not affect their performance. They must not be easily worn out and be discouraged but instead see setbacks as challenges and be their motivation to do better.

Charismatic this is one of the personalities that an entrepreneur must possess. They must be attractive to other clients. They must have good communication skills that can convince customers and clients. He or she must possess good interpersonal skills. Being good at dealing with others is a great help. It is not just intelligence but the way you interact with others.

You must be productive most of the time. “Time is gold as they say”. You should make sure that you will not waste any time. If there’s an opportunity then better grab it immediately. Also, as the saying goes “The early bird gets the early worm”. To be a good entrepreneur you should be productive always and be first in producing good qualities to be able to get the customers or clients first. You have to give time for your work and be sure to make a good result. You should know how to manage things especially time. An entrepreneur must be on the top of every innovation.

Entrepreneurs ought to be flexible on planning. They must think of good ideas not just one but lots of ideas. You should also have multiple supporting plans in order for you to have choices in case your first option will not work because if you’ll just stick to one, probably you will meet troubles for that. An entrepreneur knows how to think for good ideas that will fit the trend and will make them achieve more clients. They also must be competitive and be flexible for possible circumstances.

Optimism also plays a very vital role in managing a business. An entrepreneur must think positively in all aspects of his or her business. Entrepreneurs must foresee things in a positive manner. They must not be easily discouraged and hindered by the problems they will encounter for them to be progressive. A person must be optimistic in handling difficult situations for them to find out easily the solutions and for them not to be stressed easily with their work.

An entrepreneur must be passionate. He or she must love the things he or she is doing. An entrepreneur must have the passion for the business to be effective and successful. It is nice to have a business while enjoying it. You have to get involved to something that relates to your interests to have a fruitful result. If you love what you are doing then you will be determined enough to pursue things even if there will be barriers that would hinder along the way to success. Also as what I learned from a prominent technopreneur, he says, “People with passion can change the world for the better. This statement shows that we must have an outlook of considering passion as a big factor to great change and in achieving the triumph we all want.

Self confidence, you must believe in yourself and in what you can do. It is important to have the trust for yourself in order to pursue and defend your ideas. With the confidence you have you can also deal with other people effectively which may be a big help for your business. You should be the kind of person that would take risk because of you know you can do it. You must trust in your intuition and have to be prepared to lose something to have the possibility of gaining what you want or more.

With the things I stated above, Thus, our personalities contribute a big factor on achieving success. It is an aspect on being a good technopreneur. The daily situations we come across and how we are able to positively respond to those can be a step on molding ourselves to be strong enough in facing greater responsibilities ahead.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very very interesting article. Good job~! Ought to teach the existing Technoprenuers and wannabes something if not alot :)

    Infopier.sg

    ReplyDelete